Tuesday 15 May 2012

Unusual Viewings

Well, whether Pisces likes it or not, I'm posting. Which means you'll either all be happy or, so help me, I will not do anything about it. Which, come to think of it, really isn't a good threat.

The topic for my post today is the utter randomness with which our top posts are ordered. It's unusual not for any negative reason, per se, but rather the seeming randomness of the posts involved. Those that have me in particular wonder are the top two viewed posts (linked to via the titles):
  1. 'Comparing Authors with Animals' by Professor Pisces
  2. 'Death in Paradise, Episode 6 - An Episode Review' by Professor Pisces
Unusual, isn't it? Why would so many people be that interested in an innacurate (if hilarious) representation of the blog's myriad authors? Simple answer is: The pictures have drawn people. Plus, it's hilarious. Bill as a hog-nosed snake... Chortle.

Also, unusual, isn't it? Why would so many people wish to read a review of a more-than-ancient episode of a now dormant crime drama? Why, just today we had a troupe of folk peering in at all the different 'Death in Paradise' reviews. It never ceases to amaze me how things occur.

Of course, there are other posts, but I'm not going to advertise them here because a) it gains me brownie points from Pisces which I can squander on ruthlessly dissecting a post and b) it peeves everyone else. So there. View them all the more, I say - there must be some reason why they're statistically shown to be 'the best'.

No comments: