Tuesday 10 January 2012

Translations No. 3

I know, I know. There isn't a 'Translations No. 1' nor is there a post entitled 'Translations No. 2'. That's because, if you had been paying attention, I have actually already translated two texts under somewhat different names. Seeing as this is going to become a regular occurrence, I thought that I'd best make an easy-to-follow series out of it.
   Sigh. Here we go again.

So, using the classic Eternal Editor technique of codebreaking (ie guesswork), I shall now translate the paragraph below.

Gd ymu yaru dei moau kasaxmui wuoiasl ymax uowoluoum dei baqq gu ymeweughly heskixui guhoixu ymax ax heiei osi isquxx ymu Uyuwsoq Uiayew mox hmoslui ay, ymus ymdx baqq gu seymasl xmewy ek o rasi xhwub. As ymax ruxxolu A hos bwayu o gpshm ek wiggaxm osi ossed oqq qolahoq rasi. Xe, kwer muwu I baqq usi rd woymuw xmewy heiu osi xod ye ymu Uyuwsoq Uiayew, heslwoyiqoyaesx! Dei buwu ohyioqqd gewui useilm ye ywd osi ywosxqoyu ymax ixuquxx wiggaxm.

An interesting code to be sure, but through use of intuition and intellect, I am able to derive the following from it.

By the time you have finished reading this paragraph you will be thoroughly confused, because this is coded, and unless The Eternal Editor has changed it, then this will be nothing short of a mindscrew. In this message, I can write a bunch of rubbish and annoy all logical minds. So from here I will use my rather short code and say to The Eternal Editor congratulations! You were actually bored enough to try and translate this useless message.

A fairly good attempt, Rinrei, but you underestimate the power of my brain and how much time I have on my hands.
   I would just like to point out that I believe several spelling and grammatical errors to have taken place. I edited out all the spelling errors in the translated text, but not the grammar. Here's how it should be.

By the time you have finished reading this paragraph you will be thoroughly confused. This is because it is coded, and unless The Eternal Editor has changed it, it should be nothing short of a mindscrew. In this message, I can write a bunch of rubbish and annoy all logical minds. So from here I shall use my rather short code and say to The Eternal Editor congratulations! You were actually bored enough to try and translate this useless message.

Bored enough and motivated enough. Never underestimate the potential power contained within the bored mind.
   One final thing: Mindscrew? Is that a technical term?

No comments: