Friday 6 July 2012

Wimbledon!

Well, this year's tennis grand slam has made for some very, very good television. I've been following Wimbledon quite closely this year - at least, I have been since the fourth round. And boy, have there been some close matches.

So now Andy Murray's through to the finals, and he's up against Federer. Personally, I'm rooting for Murray. Well, I have to be patriotic in some way or other. I don't like bagpipes, I hate tartan and thistles prickle me something ugly, so I'm generally classed as an unpatriotic person by those who class people that way. But I do support Scotland (and its people) in sport, which is ironic, because I hate organised sport in general. That's a lie; I hate football. But that's (literally) an entirely different ball game. Heheh.

Murray played an excellent match against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga today, and I'm glad to say that Tsonga gave him a run for his money. But I'll not go into the details; statistics and numbers are pretty boring when it boils down to it. The main thing is that Murray's through to the finals and he's gonna get completely pulped by Roger Federer, an all-round amazing tennis player who just thrashed the number one seed, Djokovic (first name unknown and unspellable). Should make for a good match, we hope. But if wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets. At least Murray's guaranteed a prize if my less than optimistic prediction turns out to be correct.

Watching screens with unusual intensity, this is Pisces signing out.

No comments: